Store for Sale
Wild Birds Unlimited
12204 107 Ave NW, Edmonton AB T5M 4A8
Contact Dave: 780-965-7397 or [email protected]
This is a wonderful opportunity to purchase an established business, with a great staff and vendors in place, in a brand with an excellent track record! Join a franchise system that has been bringing people and nature together, and doing it with excellence since 1983! Wild Birds Unlimited in Edmonton is an ideal business, offering:
- A strong following with a customer base of 3,600 and 7 years in business
- Hours of operation: Monday – Saturday 10–6 pm, Sundays noon–5 pm.
- Trained staff of 5 people, including a manager, reducing the need for owner in store
- Over 500 private label and proprietary products
- Solid Community Partnerships with Beaverhill Bird Observatory, Edmonton Nature Club, WildNorth, John Janzen Nature Centre, Edmonton and Area Land Trust, Central Lions Seniors Association, Edmonton Horticultural Society, local Community Leagues, 124 St. Business Association, Project Feederwatch, Edmonton Christmas Bird Count.
- Established franchise system with over 300 stores, offering full training and ongoing support with dedicated business coaching
- Wild Birds Unlimited ranks #1 in Franchise Satisfaction for the Retail Category by Franchise Business Review
- Professional marketing support: innovative marketing for TV, print, email and social media
- Reason for Selling: Retirement
For additional information please contact owners Jan Chapman and Dave Cleary OR go directly to www.wbufranchise.com , click “Get Started” and submit your contact information. A WBU representative will reach out to you promptly with more information regarding this opportunity.
For reviews and photos of the store and store events, go here.
A Message to Our Customers
We're Planning Our Retirement!
But we need to find the next great
Wild Birds Unlimited store owner(s) first.
We (Jan and Dave) have made the decision to retire, right AFTER we have found a perfect new owner for our store.
We want all of our wonderful and faithful customers, friends and new customers to know these four things:
- We are NOT going out of business.
- We will be here for you and continue to operate our shop until we find the right buyer for it.
- We are going to find the best buyer we can, who will love you and the birds and the business as we have over the past 7 years.
- Only after that will we retire, even if it takes a little while!
How you can help
You can help us by sharing this news and telling friends, family, or acquaintances who might be looking to own their own business, and who would love sharing a passion for the birds. Our store is an established, successful, and profitable business that has a great staff and vendors in place, in a brand with an excellent track record, and with a large and loyal customer base.
We have LOVED owning this store and getting the chance to meet all of you while sharing our love of the birds. But we all reach new phases in our lives and we want to get the wheels turning to start our retirement years. We hope to travel some, but we also just want more time to enjoy the birds right in our own yard.
If you know anyone who would like to:
- Turn a hobby into a business
- Feel pride in running a local business which is engaged in the community and employs local people
- Gain satisfaction from providing creative and educational opportunities for faithful customers
- Experience joy from bringing people and nature together
- Work for themselves with flexible hours and have fun at the same time
Please share this information with them! Then tell them to contact us at the store at [email protected] or call Dave at 780-965-7397.
Thank you again for all your support and participation in such a wonderful hobby. Happy Birding!
Jan Chapman and Dave Cleary,
Owners, Wild Birds Unlimited of Edmonton