We’re passionate about birds and nature. That’s why we opened a Wild Birds Unlimited Nature Shop in our community.
12204 107th Ave N.W.
Edmonton, AB T5M 4A8
Phone: (587) 521-2473
Fax: (587) 521-2474
Email: Send Message
Mon - Sat: 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Sun: 12:00 pm - 5:00 pm
• Western Meadowlarks migrate.
• Mule Deer are shedding the velvet from their antlers.
• Asters are the last plants to bloom.
• Fall hawk migration begins.
• Monarch Butterfly migration peaks.
• Bats are busy feeding, building fat for hibernation and migration.
• Blackbird (grackles, cowbirds and redwings) flocks can number in the thousands.
• Shorebird migration ends.
• Fall migration peaks for warblers and others.
• Bucks and bulls polishing their antlers; look for deer and elk rubs.
• Autumn colours begin — Sumac, dogwood and Virginia Creeper.
• Hummingbirds have left by the first or second week of the month.
• Robins begin to join together in large flocks.
• Bears are feeding in preparation for hibernation.
• Switch feeders to high-fat, winter foods.
• Full Moon - Sep 19.
• Venus low in bright evening twilight early in the month.